Coach Darlene Mitro
NCCP Certification Level:
Training / Education
- Early Childhood Educator
- Darlene feels it is important to teach each skater as an individual and help them to meet their personal goals.
- She wants to keep skating fun so her skaters want to continue to learn and achieve their set goals.
- She would like each skater to "learn to love the sport" for lifelong learning, exercise, and enjoyment.
- I teach all 3 disciplines:
- Skating skills
- I particularly enjoy teaching skating skills and have had many GOLD tests pass, teaching quality turns, edges, agility, balance and flow.
- Darlene skated singles, and enjoyed being a test skater
- Darlene skated synchro for the last 5 years of her amateur career
Skaters and Personal Accomplishments
- I have coached for 30 years.
- Over 65 gold tests passed for her skaters, and still counting.