London Skating Club Summer Skating Camp
in partnership with Dance Essence Studio
A NEW skating initiative this summer for London Skating Club STARSkaters. Offered in addition to regular evening and daytime summer skating programs.
August 14 – 18 2017, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Before and after care will be offered, at an extra charge of $5 every half hour, from 8am to 8:30 and 4:30-5:00 pm only, and must be pre-arranged . Fees paid to Program Assistant.
|8:30-9:00||Check-in at Nichols Arena (799 Homeview Rd, London)|
|9:00-9:30||Off-ice Jump Class|
|9:30-10:00||Snack and get ready to skate (help to tie skates provided)|
|10:00-12:00||Skating (Stroking, edges, jump, spins, field movements, skating skills and ice dance skills)|
Dance Essence Ballet for skaters and Acro for skaters with some Dance improv
|3:00-4:00||Skating Session 2 (Stroking, edges, jumps, spins, field movements, skating skills and ice dance skills)|
Who can attend this summer camp?
This camp is open to Preliminary to Senior Level STARSkate Skaters (between the ages of 5-14) at the London Skating Club. Preliminary skaters must have completed CanSkate Stage 4.
What to bring:
- Skates, fitted clothing for dance studio and off-ice jump class (ie: yoga wear)
- Water, lunch, snacks.
- CSA approved hockey helmets MANDATORY for PrePreliminary STARSkaters until completion of CanSkate Stage 5.
On-ice Instruction: Will be provided by three London Skating Club coaches. Stroking, edges, jump, spins, field moves, ice dance and skating skills.
- Private coaching: Skaters may choose to hire a professional LSC coach at an additional fee to supplement group lessons.
- Individual practice: Skaters will be encouraged to practice on their own for approximately 20 minutes of the 3 hours on the ice. This time is worthwhile to go over the new skills learned and build the focus and self-direction important to our sport in a practice setting. Coaches will be present on the ice, and assist skaters during this time.
Dance Essence Classes:
- Ballet: Ballet is the foundation of all other dance forms. Strength, control, balance, line, and coordination are developed alongside musicality and artistry. Posture, flexibility and musicality will be focused on during ballet classes at Dance Essence.
- Acro: Acro for skaters focuses on strength, flexibility and focus on the on-ice spin positions, flexibility for field movements and stamina that help with skater development. We will focus on back, arm and leg strength as well as back flexibility.
- Dance Improv: Moving to various styles of music enhances skaters ability to interpret music on ice and prepare for the artistic expectations.
Camp Fee: $350 for the week
If not already purchased for the 2016-2017 Skate Canada Membership year, an additional $35.70 will be charged to your shopping cart at registration.
- A non-refundable deposit of $150 is due upon registration to reserve your spot. Cash/cheque payments must be received in the London Skating Club office within 15 days of registration, or your spot will be withdrawn.
- The final $200 is due by June 1st.
Withdrawal policy: Withdrawals are permitted before June 1st. Any withdrawal request must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on June 1st. The $150 deposit is non-refundable.