Coach Charlotte McLean
NCCP Certification Level:
Level 3 Free Skate and Dance
Additional NCCP Training includes the following Level 4 Courses: Energy Systems, Music and Choreography, Nutrition, Recovery and Regeneration, Practical Coaching: Advanced Skills, Biomechanics of Advanced Skills, Advanced Strategy and Tactics, Analysis of Competitive Performance, Long Term Athlete Development, Mental Prep for Coaches, and Mental Prep for Elite Athletes.
Training / Education
- CEP Gold Status Coach
- Studied Dance
- Grade 8 Piano and Grade 2 Theory
- BA Applied Social Sciences & Recreation
- Honours BSc Human Ecology
- Everyone has the potential to be successful.
- Strive to master your sport to the best of your abilities as you will get more enjoyment and satisfaction in your performances while practicing, testing and competing.
- Believe in your athlete.
- Never give up helping the skaters achieve their goals.
- Free Style: Preliminary to Gold Star Competitive, Pre-Juvenile up to Senior Competitive
- Skills: Preliminary to Gold
- Dance: Preliminary to Diamond, Pre-Juvenile up to Senior Competitive
- Interpretive: Preliminary to Gold
- Stroking: All levels
- Choreograph solos, free dance and carnival numbers
- Gold and Diamond dance, Jr. Competitive dance
- Gold skills/figures, Silver free skate
- Coached by National, World competitors and World Level Coaches
- Currently continue to skate at Social Ice Dance Events
Skaters and Personal Accomplishments
- Skaters compete at Star Skate Competitions, Provincials Star Skate and Competitive, Challenge, Nationals
- I have completed 11 Level 4 courses since January, 2010. I attend WOS AGM, National ACGM and their workshops with world level facilitators
- My students have passed skating tests from Preliminary to Gold in all disciplines as well as competing. In the past few months, I have had several skaters who achieved their Gold Free Skate, Gold Interpretive, Gold Dances and Gold Skills
- Nominated for the Skate Canada Club & Recreational Coach Award of Excellence 2016 & 2010